Always stay on the ground–leave walking around on a roof up to the experts. Take account of what you see on your OKC home and the ground around.
Steps For Checking Your Home Roofing for Damage
- Check your yard for shingles: The most common signs of roof damage (on a shingled roof) are shingles that have blown off. When shingles are missing this means the wood framing of your home is exposed. So shingles need to be replaced right away.
- Examine roof accessories: Soffit, fascia, and trim are all part of a roof’s structure. Damage like dents, dings, or tears in these accessories also needs to be addressed after a storm.
- Inspect your gutters. Damage to gutters can affect your roof long term–downpipes especially need to stay secured.
- Look for leaks Inside your home–when shingles go missing they expose your home’s structure and stormwater could already be seeping in. If you see water inside your home after a storm, you more than likely have a roofing issue.
What to Do If You Find Roof Damage After a Storm in Oklahoma City
- Take note of any damaged spots.
- Check your roof’s warranty to see what it says about repairs or replacement.
- Get a professional roof inspection scheduled.
- File a Claim
- Have repairs made
For more information on storm damage to roofs or to schedule an appointment for a roof inspection, contact us at United Roofing Pros in Oklahoma City today!